We’re excited to announce a new feature that will allow you to use third party identity provides via SAML authentication. This feature will make it easy to manage your Spotinst accounts and works with the most popular identity providers. Let’s walk through how this integration works with Okta. We borrowed the following instructions from the Okta help site to help you get started.
Configuring Okta with SAML 2.0
- Login to your Spotinst account as an administrator.
- Navigate to the Identity Providers tab under the Settings section:
- Make a copy of the Relay State value.
- Go your your Okta dashboard and add the ‘Spotinst’ app to your account:
- In Okta, go to the admin panel and edit the new ‘Spotinst’ app you just added.
There, select the Sign On tab, then click Edit.
- Enter the Relay State value you copied earlier into the Default Relay State field.
- Click Save.
- Download the metadata document by clicking on ‘Identity Provider metadata‘ link:
- Go back to the Spotinst console, click BROWSE and upload the metadata.xml file you just downloaded.
- Click SUBMIT.
- Done! Login back to Spotinst via your Okta account!
Notes: IDP-initiated flows, SP-initiated flows, and Just In Time (JIT) provisioning are all supported.
For SP-initiated Flows:
- Go to https://console.spotinst.com/#/auth/signIn.
- Type your email address and click outside the form.
- Click SIGN IN WITH SSO:
We hope you enjoyed this new integration with Spotinst.